The benefits experienced from massage can vary from relief of stress and pain to an enhanced self esteem. The reasons behind the changes in feelings, whether it be physical, mental or emotional may stem from a release of endorphins, increase in circulation or breaking up of scar tissue to an injury site, or the simple fact that we allow ourselves some “me” time where we can actually shut down our body and mind and just be. The bottom line is that when a person receives safe appropriate therapeutic touch the potential benefits can be amazing and widespread.
Nirvana Bodyworks works with each person to discover what benefit they are looking for and customizes the treatment plan according to these desires. We are educated and experienced at working with acute and chronic pain associated with either repetitive stress injuries or as a result of an isolated accident.
There are numerous research facilities that have outlined the potential benefits of massage, however we have decided to share some benefits our clients have experienced after being treated by us:
• Decrease of pain, both local to the source as well as referred pain to other parts of the body
• Increased range of motion
• Increased strength or specific joints and muscles
• Increase in overall relaxation
• Improved posture and gait
• Elimination/Reduction for need for pain medications
• Long lasting relief of what was otherwise chronic pain
• Ability for calmer & clearer thinking
• Improved sleep patterns
• Improved circulation into lower legs & feet, reducing edema and pain, when specifically treating peripheral neuropathy
• Elimination/Reduction of headaches
• Elimination/Reduction of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms
• Elimination/Reduction of Sciatica symptoms
• Elimination/Reduction of chronic low back pain
• Improved overall sense of well being
* These benefits are based on individual cases and may not be experienced by all clients after treatment. Benefits revealed to us by clients following treatment.
Increase the Benefits with Frequent Visits
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. And getting massage frequently can do even more. This is the beauty of bodywork. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year. Budgeting time and money for bodywork at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health. And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and work with us to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.
*Frequent Visit Information found on massagetherapy.com